Saturday, February 25, 2012

Memoir Blog


The memoir I read for my blog was “Beyond Tears” by Jina Y. I really enjoyed this short memoir. Reading the title I expected a soppy sob story about a drastic event. Though the blog was short the writer did a good job of explaining and portraying her feelings and view on things. Though I do feel they could have been more descriptive and elaborate. The memoir took a seeming less pointless everyday encounter between a girl and a boy and turned it into a moral lesson teacher. The memoir was also a little funny which made the memoir better. It also contains a little of outside feelings of the writer, but more so inside feelings.
I also like the topic choice of the memoir. The fact that they thought to turn a trivial incident into a memoir is fascinating to me. I fell that this maybe the reason why the memoir isn’t as detailed as others: but because the memoir is based on a simple topic I think it would have helped to elaborate on smaller details.  Overall I feel the memoir was simple short, yet good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment