Monday, December 12, 2011

Direction the Class Needs

Fifth period English happens to be my favorite class this year. We have diverse class members, thoughts, and perspectives. In the class we discuss morals, goals and how they apply to our daily lives. I feel that we are headed in the right direction, and that understands ourselves and the world around us better. Mr. McCarthy leads us to the path often and inspires us to think and ponder what, who, where, when and possibly how. I feel that more people could be involved in our class discussions (but I do know that participation is a personal thing). I also like the fact that we have one day out of the week to read a separate book form classwork, this helps us with our vocabulary, and builds our personal library of books.
The class also is the interesting in the way that we talk and discuss several subjects. We arent just limited to American English and we are also challenged to think outside the norm. Another thing that I would like to incorporate in class would be more in depth discussions on current events and historical events and how they link to whatever we are learning about. We do usually cover what some historical background on whatever topic we are on but I think it would be nice to study more in depth what and how events link one to another. Also when we do group work I also think sometimes we should be assigned groups that way we get to know our classmates better and we arent always working with the same people. So far this year I think our class has accomplished a lot and we have set our selves up for numerous achievements and successes and I cant wait to see what else is in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment